Implementing an inclusive, cross cultural communication strategy
You have been approached by the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) for your department to suggest you consider implementing a communication strategy which is inclusive and cross cultural and which supports the organisation’s people policies.
As a Line Manager, you would need to consider the following:
- How will the strategy take into account the cross-cultural nature of the workforce?
- The benefits and barriers to remote communication?
- How will the strategy support the goals of inclusion and belonging?
- How will the briefing strategy encompass the cultural variety of team members and ensure everyone has a voice?
- The suitability and appropriateness of the briefing strategy?
The structure of the report should be:
- Introduction (where you briefly state the purpose of the report)
- The proposed briefing strategy (this should include the potential benefits and drawbacks of the proposal)
- Conclusion (this will include your implementation plan and include how you intend to overcome any drawbacks)
- Bibliography (not included in the word count)
Core Study Reference:
Ngyuen-Phuong-Mai, M. (2019) Cross cultural management: with insights from brain science.