Each write-up should be restricted to 7 pages- double-spaced, standard 12 font (includes the executive summary but excludes tables, exhibits, etc.)
Please address all the assigned case questions below as part of your analysis. Also, include an executive summary (1 page) at the beginning of the case report that briefly summarizes the case’s main issues and the marketing decisions you have made and the rationale behind those decisions.
case write-ups are due to be submitted by Saturday, July 31
Case discussion questions:
1. What factors have driven MC’s success? Is it a global corporation?
2. What are MC’s challenges and opportunities? How should MC prioritize them?
3. Should MC start distributing through online retailers? If it does, what are the implications of its doing so? How should MC manage this change? What might MC do to alleviate its retailers’ lost sales? Calculate the potential impact of cannibalization for MC’s megastores.
4. Should MC begin distributing to smaller cities? Why or why not?
5. What are the pros and cons of changing the pace of its new product introductions?
6. Should MC expand its target market to include older women? Why or why not?
7. Should MC broaden its position to be a global fashion brand, instead of being a Brazilian fashion brand- why or why not? How might MC benefit from altering its position to Brazilian crafted instead?