LO1. Demonstrate an ability to collect and critically evaluate data and information
LO3. Design a research project plan and articulate it effectively through written and oral channels
Using the Case Study “Marriott and Starwood: Creating the world’s largest hotel chain” answer the following questions
1. Evaluate the benefits of the proposed merger using the data and information provided in the case study.
2. Propose a follow-up project to this report. Design a research project plan for this follow-up project.
Applying your understanding of the theories covered in the lectures, seminars, and your own research you are required to deliver a presentation that details an area of research, in your own subject specialism. Your presentation should contain:
- A justification of the research topic with reference to what is known in the topic area
- A research question and objectives that are justified with reference to what is known
- Your chosen research design and methodology, with justification for your decisions at each stage
- A plan for data analysis
- A project plan and overview of what needs to be achieved. This may include a Work Breakdown Structure or a GANTT chart;
The criteria for assessment used in this module are shown in the table below. You will be expected to produce a presentation that covers all of the above points. In addition, the tutors will be looking for you to show:
- Effective interpretation of data and other relevant information
- Application of relevant theory and the effective application of theory to practice
- Good presentation and communication