Assessment Information This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
1. Discuss the evolution of digital marketing along with emergence of advanced search engine and click stream mechanism.
2. Apply the search engine optimisation procedure along with effective web design for effective navigation and conversion.
3. Analyse, assess, and evaluate the fundamentals of data capture mechanism, data segmentation and application of analytics to marketing strategy.
This assignment is an individual 2000 word report. This assignment requires you to complete the following:
1. Discuss the evolving role of the modern website and how digital analytics has changed the way it is being used in the overall digital marketing strategy, using the theories and framework that you have learnt in the curriculum.
2. Use the digital analytics framework, analyse and evaluate the Google Merchandise Store as an organisation. Identify its business goals, marketing objectives and key performance indexes.
3. Using web analysis tools, and applying digital marketing software and theory/theoretical framework, analyse and evaluate Google Merchandise Store’s website (googlemerchandisestore.com), highlighting its efficacy in meeting its marketing objectives and organisational goals.
4. Recommend how the Google Merchandise Store can improve their digital strategy for the future, focusing solely on its website strategy. Suggested Structure Cover Page Title of Contents Introduction This section should include introduction to the assignment and main concepts being presented.
Literature Review or Review of Key Concepts This section should describe the concept of digital analytics and its role in marketing and digital marketing strategy development. The development of the role of websites as a modern marketing channel should also be discussed.
Organizational Analysis This section should include the analysis and evaluation of the organization. Identify it organizational (business) goals, derive its key marketing objectives and performance indexes as a result of this.
Current Web Strategy Analysis This section should include the analysis and evaluation of the website. The website should be assessed and evaluated using both qualitative (e.g. content analysis) and quantitative (e.g. number of visits) analysis. Various analysis tools (e.g. Similar Web. SemRush, Moz Bar, Open SEO Stats) should be used. Marketing theory and/or frameworks should also be used to structure and frame the analysis.
Recommendations In this section should include the evaluation of the findings through the analysis and draw analytical insights to derive recommendations for improvement in the future.