Module 07 Assignment – Sensory Perception Disorder
Purpose of the Assignment
1. Identify the importance of client compliance with a treatment regimen to prevent a permanent disability.
2. Describe the purpose of the treatment regimen in preventing complications of the disease process.
• Strategies for safe, effective multidimensional nursing practice when providing care for clients experiencing sensory and perception disorders.
Ms. Julia Jones, a 68-year-old African American woman, has just been diagnosed with primary open-angle glaucoma. Her ophthalmologist has explained the pathophysiology of the disease to her and is trying to select the best treatment option for her. You are the nurse working with the ophthalmologist, and Ms. Jones has asked you about the eye drops the doctor has recommended. Mrs. Jones’s physician has recommended Combigan, one drop in the right eye every 12 hours. Your client has never administered eye drops, she is anxious about her new diagnosis and she does not know anything about the medication her ophthalmologist has prescribed. She is interested in how the medication works, the side effects, how it is administered, and why it is so important in the treatment of her glaucoma.
1. Develop a care map for Mrs. Jones using the template directly after these instructions. Include information important for his discharge home. Assessment and data collection (including disease process, common lab work/diagnostics, subjective, objective, and health history data)
2. Three NANDA-I approved nursing diagnosis (Do NOT use any RISK diagnoses).
3. One SMART goal for each nursing diagnosis, and
4. Two nursing interventions with rationale for each SMART goal for a client with a experiencing sensory and perception disorders.
Use at least two scholarly sources to support your care map. Be sure to cite your sources in-text and on a reference page using APA format. Have questions about APA? Visit the online APA Guides:
• APA and Writing – *School of Nursing* – RasGuides at Rasmussen University and at the (Main Course Page – direct APA link)