Describe In Detail a Time When You were Highly Creative or Struggled: Creative and Critical Thinking Assignment, UoN, UK
|University||University of Nottingham (UoN) UK|
|Subject||Creative and Critical Thinking|
1. Describe in detail a time when you were highly creative or struggled to be creative. What was the problem? What solution (if any) did you come up with?
2. Reflect on the different factors that enabled you to be, or hindered you from being creative in that situation. For example, what was the context, what process did you follow, what information or ideas did you draw on, etc.? What would have helped you be more creative in that situation?
3. Try using one or more of the other creative thinking techniques discussed in the lecture (e.g., getting feedback, getting ideas from different domains, creative reuse of resources, etc.) to develop another creative solution to the initial problem. How did these strategies influence the creativity of your solution?
4. Think about the way you framed the original problem. How can you reframe the problem in different ways? Now generate one or more new idea(s) for each of the frames you generated. How did reframing the problem influence the ideas you came up with?
5. Develop a prototype of one of the ideas you came up with. Explain your decision to select that idea and reflect on the prototyping process. How did prototyping influence your creative process? [You may attach up to 3 pictures documenting your efforts at prototyping]