This coursework is designed to demonstrate the broad understanding knowledge of the module, assessing and evaluating the strength and level of analysis of student, divided into four learning outcomes, the coursework should be submitted as one document in a report format.
The “Whitechapel Vehicle Rental Service (WVRS)” provides the different types of vehicles (minibus, car, bike, van) rental services to tourists, travel agencies, private companies, and individuals. Currently WVRS design and develop a simple system to manage their day-to-day business.
The vehicle information is given below:
- WVRS has different types of vehicles – Mini Bus, Car, Bike, Van
- Vehicles have different gearbox – Automatic/Semi-automatic and Manual
- Vehicles have different fuel types – Petrol, Diesel, Electric, and Hybrid
- Vehicles information are registration number, engine size, color, model, make, current mileage, fuel type, no. of doors, services history, safety information, dimension (height, length, width, etc)
- Car and Mini Bus has a different capacity of seats e.g. 9,10 seats, 12 seats (max. 30 seats)
Application’s Requirement is given below:
- The system must have a login system i.e. when running the application, it should ask the user to enter username and password;
- Users can try to log in on the system a maximum 3 times then the system automatically exits.
- Tourist, travel agency, a private company, or individual can hire the vehicle for a maximum of 7 days and a minimum of 1 day.
- WVRS record all the information (full name, driving license, DOB, contact address, and emergency contact detail) of tourist and individual customer.
- Tourists and individuals are required to pay all the cost of rental service and plus they to the damage repair cost of the vehicle.
- Tourist and individual customer can’t reserve the vehicle, but travel agency and the private company can make a reservation for vehicles
- WVRS issue the receipt (name, address, type of vehicle, no of days, rate, amount, vat, total due amount, payment method) a confirmation of payment and provide them the vehicle with required documents
- WVRS record the travel agency and private company details (company name, company address, contact address, contact person, etc.)
- WVRS issue the invoice (no of vehicles, type of vehicle, no of days, rate, amount, vat, total due amount) to travel and private company.
The price list of vehicles per day are given below
|Mini Bus 9/1 0 seats||£100||£75|
|Mini Bus 15 seats||£175||£125|
|Mini Bus 20 seats||£250||£200|
In relation to the above Business requirement, identify its business-related problem by highlighting and preparing a well-defined problem definition statement and describe the issues that need to be addressed along with possible solutions supported by a set of user and system requirements. Since every project is often related to many risks in achieving its success, therefore you need to identify the areas of risk related to the successful completion of your application. To start with the actual development, you need to analyse the business-related problem of the case study using appropriate methods and produce a well-structured Software Design Document that defines a proposed solution and includes relevant details on requirements, system analysis, system design, coding, testing, and implementation.
As we know that the ultimate objective of software engineering is to produce good quality maintainable software within a reasonable time frame and at an affordable cost, therefore you need to carry out research on the use of different software development tools and techniques/ methodologies and present with comparison on various software development tools and techniques. Once you have reviewed, you need to justify the one which you have selected for the development of your application. It is important to get reviews on your business application plan in order to achieve the desired business objectives and therefore, you are required to create a formal presentation that effectively reviews your business application, problem definition statement, and proposed solution and development strategy.
As we know that the ultimate objective of software engineering is to produce good quality maintainable software within a reasonable time frame and at an affordable cost, therefore you need to carry out research on the use of different software development tools and techniques/ methodologies and present with comparison on various software development tools and techniques. Once you have reviewed, you need to justify the one which you have selected for the development of your application.
You are now required to present this plan to your other colleagues as part of a peer-review and document any feedback given by your peers. After getting the peer review from your colleagues, you are now required to develop a fully functional business application based on a specified business problem given in the case study above. You need to interpret your peer-review feedback and identify changes/ addition in your report, that you will make on your design or development, which was not previously considered by you. Make sure that your interpretation also covers with arguments on the potential improvements carried out by you to your system.
Once you have fully developed the required application, you are now to make a critical review of the performance and development of your application. For this, you need to review the performance of your business application against the Problem Definition Statement and initial requirements. There are key factors that can negatively impact the performance of the software application, therefore you need to analyse the factors that influence the performance of your business application and use them to undertake a critical review of the design, development and testing stages of your application and conclude your review by reflectively discussing your previously identified risks. As a part of the final holistic evaluation of your project, you need to cover on the strengths and weaknesses of your business application and justify opportunities for improvement and further development.
The post COMP6239: The “Whitechapel Vehicle Rental Service (WVRS)” Provides the Different Types of Vehicles: Mobile Applications Development Assignment, UoS, UK appeared first on .