This unit is aimed at developing learners’ critical analysis of corporate strategy and the role of supply chains in a global context. It explores how functional strategies are integrated and the relationship between strategy and organization. It also requires learners to demonstrate professional skills that enable effective business management at the strategic level.
Learners may use their own employment context, or that of another organization with which they are very familiar, to base their assignment. However, in the case that they are not able to do so, please use the below scenario:- You are working as a senior manager in a small or medium-sized organization, with roles and responsibilities to develop, manage and manage an effective and efficient business and organizational strategy within the organization with your team in order to comply with performance to applicable standards, plans, or objectives. You are given a task to write a piece of paper to develop a business strategy for your newly developed product to offer customers at the international level to compete with competitors. Your reflective paper/assignment should contain a minimum of 2500 words in length for topics that you have covered in Corporate Strategy in order to meet the learning outcomes of the unit.
Task 1: Evaluate strategy in the global corporate context and apply different concepts and approaches; and address ethical considerations Guideline word count: 500-1000 words
- Analyze strategic theories and models.
- Assess and determine how successful different strategies are when applied in the global marketplace.
- Evaluate how individual and organizational ethics, also global ethical issues can impact corporate strategy
Task 2: Identify the impact of International environment and internal environment forces on an organization while developing the strategy Guideline word count: 1500-2000 words
- Use models and techniques to assess the external environment of the organization.
- Evaluate the use of Porter’s Diamond’s five forces model.
- Identify the features and core purposes of the SWOT analysis.
Task 3: Understand missions, objectives, proposes, and strategies process to organizations and industries at national and international contexts. Guideline word count: 500-1000 words
- Identify the capabilities that allow organizations to design missions, objectives to achieve a competitive advantage.
- Evaluate appropriate strategies for emerging, maturing, and declining competitive positions