BBM351 1 A Project Management Term 2 2021
Individual Assignment 1 – 15%
Assessment Type: Essay – 1200 words (+_10%).
Value – 15% Due Date: Week 5 Sunday 11.59pm
Submission requirement: To be uploaded to Turnitin Moodle as word.doc
- Topic: Project Management requires developing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for a project, your team can organize and plan the second level elements by project management phases, design components or work functions. Describe how these approaches differ. What advantages are associated with each?
References required: 6 Academic sources as a minimum including peer reviewed journals and prescribed textbook.
- Knowledge of theory
- Analysis and application
- Reflective and critical thinking
- Writing style
- Evidence of research and correct use of ‘Harvard in – text referencing style’.
- Individual Assessment
- Word limit: 1500 words (±10%) (excluding reference list)
- You need to state the word count of the assessment on the cover page.
- The response should be professionally in Arial 10pt or Times New Roman 12pt, single space. Harvard (Anglia) style referencing.
- Submission deadline Week 5 – Sunday by11.59pm
- Softcopy to be uploaded Turnitin via Moodle links
- Late penalties and extensions:
An important part of business life and key to achieving UBSS graduate outcome of Professional Skills is the ability to manage workloads and meet deadlines. Consequently, any assessment items such as in- class quizzes and assignments missed or submitted after the due date/time will attract a penalty. Penalty for written assessment is – 5% of the totalavailable marksper calendar day unless an extension is approved
- Applying for extension:
If students are unable to submit or attend an assessment when due, and extensions are possible, they must apply by completing the appropriate Application for Extension form available from the Student Information Centre in Moodle, the UBSS Website (Policies and Forms) and the Reception Desk (Castlereagh Street), as soon as possible but no later than three
(3) working days of the assessment due date. The completed form must be emailed with supporting documentation to student services @ubss.edu.au.Students and lecturers / tutors will be advised of the outcome of the extension request as soon as practicable. Appropriate documentary evidence to support the request for an extension must be supplied. Please remember there is no guarantee of an extension being granted, and poor organization is not a satisfactory reason to be granted an extension.
Marks out of 15 will be awarded based on how well the following criteria is addressed:
|Appropriate Response – clear main ideas and well supported by detail and accurate information||20%|
|Organization of the essay: Information is relevant and presented in logical order||20%|
|Mechanical: Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation||20%|
|Citation: the use of in-text citation in the body of the assignment||20%|
|Reference: submission lists at least 8 references||20%|
Marking Rubric for BBM351 Assignment 1: Diagnostic Essay – 15%
Fail (0 – 49%)
Distinction (75 – 84%)
High Distinction (85 – 100%)
Appropriate Response (40 marks
The response to the essay topic and the main ideas are not clear.
There is one argument to the topic, however the main ideas are somewhat unclear.
There is more than one argument to the topic and the main ideas are clear.
There are more than one clear well-crafted arguments but are not well supported by detailed information.
There are more than one clear well-crafted arguments, main ideas are clear and are well supported by detailed information.
Organization of the essay (20 marks)
There is not clear introduction to the topic, discussion, or conclusion
The introduction addresses the topic of the essay, the discussion and the conclusion are aligned with topic, but extremely limited detail is provided.
The introduction addresses the topic of the essay, the discussion and the conclusion are aligned with topic and good details are provided.
The introduction addresses the topic of the essay, the discussion and the conclusion are aligned with topic and comprehensive details are provided.
The introduction is inviting, the main topic is clearly state, the discussion and conclusion are strong with excellent details
Mechanical: Spelling, Grammar & Punctuation
The essay illegible due to extremely poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
Sentences are reasonably constructed. However, there are significant errors in grammar, mechanics and/or spelling that interfere with understanding
Most sentences are well constructed, but they have similar structure. There are several errors in grammar, mechanics and/or spelling that interfere with understanding
Most sentences are well constructed and have varied structure and length. There are few errors in grammar, mechanics and/or spelling but they do not interfere with understanding
All sentences are well-constructed and have varied structure and length. The author makes no errors in grammar, mechanics and/or spelling