MGT421 Communications Management Discussion
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Dr. Abdulaziz Alhammadi
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 10
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
· All students must use their own word.
· Assignment -1 should be submitted on Saturday 3/7/2021 in Black Board only.
· The due date for the submission of Assignment-1 will be in the end of the 4th Week.
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· Citing of references is also necessary in APA style.
· Your answers MUST include at least 1 outside references (other than the slides and textbook)
· Using references from SDL will be highly valued.
· Articulate what communication is and how it functions in organizations.
· Identify which message is appropriate for a specific audience, and successfully complete the message.
· Identify the importance of giving details while writing a message taking into consideration the three decisions points when writing (Tone, word selection and length)
1. Good communication skills are essential skills for both our daily and professional lives. In your point of view, what are the characteristics of a good communicator that managers looking for? and what values can businesses receive from hiring people with good communication skills? (Marks: 2.5)
2. Evaluate your communication skills, sort out your strengths and weaknesses. Describe one of your weaknesses, how it prevents you from being a good communicator? How do you plan to work on that weakness before you look for a job? (Marks: 2.5)
3. Write a sample Letter/ Message taking into your consideration the following points: (Marks:5)
a) The purpose of your writing.
b) The audience
c) The structure of your writing (outline)
d) The clarity of your writing (details and example)
e) The three important writing decisions (tone/ word selection/ length)
(Total Marks: 10)
SAUDI ELECTRONIC UNIVERSITY 2011 – 1432