1. Half pages for the introduction 2. 2-3pages for summary section. What is the author trying to achieve in writing the article (i.e., overall
The post Rural livelihood in an era of globalization first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.
1. Half pages for the introduction
2. 2-3pages for summary section. What is the author trying to achieve in writing the article (i.e., overall purpose
and Specific objectives)? How is the paper organized or what key issue does the author address? What basic
ideas, facts or arguments does the author present and how are they used to support the goal(s) of the paper?
What method of research is employed (if any) and what results are presented? What does the author conclude
about the topic under investigation (eg., argumentative or empirically)?
3. 4-5 pages for critical thinking. Is the author’s purpose clearly set out and integrated throughout the paper? Is
there any discussion of background literature or some other effort to contextualize the problem in academic or
practical terms? If employed, is there a method of investigation suited to the problem and are the results
relevant to the objectives of the paper? What is the perception of the organization of the paper, that is, the flow
of ideas, information, and conclusions? Are the conclusions or implications informative, thought-provoking….?
Note: It is important to review other relevant literature in order to a better understanding and the issues under
consideration and gain greater insight into the strengths and weaknesses of the paper.
4. 1 and a half – 2 pages for final comments. What is your overall assessment of the paper and it’s
contributions to the field of study? How does the author’s work compare to other research of writing on the
topic? What other aspects of the problem or issue require further attention, especially as an extension of the
ideas presented in the paper under review?