- K1 Analysis of the role of innovation management and its impact on global business.
- K2 Critical debates on the strategic, tactical, and operational challenges in establishing a viable innovation management culture.
- K3 Investigation and debates on the key attributes in retaining learning from effective innovation management practices.
- S1 An ability to critically appraise and evaluate theories of innovation management in the 21st century.
- S2 An ability to contextualize and evaluate viable concepts, models, and techniques in order to identify ease of transmission for the adoption and/or application of innovation management. Canvas & JIRA Deadline: Thursday 24th June 2021
Assessment Formative feedback
You will receive formative feedback to guide you in line with the module aims.
In week three of the program, you will be required to submit a formative proposal of 300 words detailing
- Your proposed managing innovation and technology transfer theme
- How you will address each learning outcomes
Students are asked to reflect on their personal network of tutors, family members, relatives, and professional/social networks to thoroughly consider if it is possible to source a live organization. Students must familiarise themselves (i.e. reading and reflecting on current journal articles) with a current theme from the module scheme of work. The student will then be required to write an academic report in the form of a journal paper.
For your guidance, the report must consist of:
a) An introduction in which you introduce the theme that you are investigating, clearly emphasizing its importance.
b) A detailed methodology of the analytical approach you are taking, demonstrating a critical understanding of managing innovation and technology transfer.
c) A section on your findings includes a critical evaluation, detailing the theme selected its implications, and company examples.
d) Conclusions and commercially viable solutions.
e) Throughout the report, you must integrate theory with practice, critically evaluating your findings.
f) All sources must be cited correctly in accordance with the Harvard system of referencing.
Choose one of the themes below and prepare an academic report in the form of a journal paper of 3000 words in length, excluding appendices.
- Meeting the challenges of Managing Uncertainty
- Innovation Management Audits
- Internal Corporate Venturing
- Joint Ventures, Alliances & IP
- Building and Managing Dynamic Capability
- Evolving Models of Innovation Management