Module: Personality and Health Psychology
Part A (Personality Psychology,)
- Movies offer an interesting insight into personalities and behaviour. Watch one (1) of the following films and focus on three (3) main characters in it.
- From the perspective of a personality psychologist (not film critic), apply five (5) relevant concepts from one (1) of the following personality psychology approaches in analysing the personalities and behaviour of the chosen three characters.
i. Psychoanalytical approach
ii. Learning approaches
iii. Trait approach
- Analyse your own personality and behaviour using any one (1) of the personality psychology approaches covered in the entire module (not limited to the 3 for the movie). Apply relevant concepts from the chosen approach in your analysis.
Part B (Health Psychology, )
- Describe an actual stressful situation that happened to you personally. Explain the biopsychosocial impact of this situation. Apply relevant health psychology concepts in your explanation.
- Explain the coping strategies you used to manage or overcome the stressor/s. Explain possible coping strategies you could have used which might have been more effective in overcoming stress. Apply relevant health psychology concepts in your explanations