Locate two academic articles from a professional, peer-reviewed journal related to the topic of assessment practices in Early Childhood Education. Write a summary paper addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all questions in each bullet point. There should be two sections, one for each numerical bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for each article. Your essay should be 1750-2250 words in length. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
Summarize both professional, peer-reviewed articles by addressing the following for each study. Repeat this sequence for each article.
- What question/hypothesis was the researcher trying to answer or investigate?
- Define the variables studied.
- Describe the sample.
- How did the researcher gather data in the study?
- What were the results? How do the results affect your understanding of the world?
- What did you learn from this study about assessment when working with young children?
- Compare and contrast both studies and explain the similarities and differences.